Friday, January 20, 2012

PurDONT

So punny, I know.
As my last visit of the semester, I made the most of my time in West Lafayette, IN and definitely got in the Christmas spirit while helping the Purdue Kappas decorate their house, and watching them be serenaded each night by a different fraternity. It snowed while I was there, so it really began to feel a lot like Christmas!!! I got to walk around campus and the town one of the nicer days, so I was happy to get outside in the "fresh" air....except for the fact that one of the girls told me that Purdue ACTUALLY smells bad because of the Wabash river that runs next to is and because of the industrial factories and from these berry/nut things from the trees on campus. Who knew? After that comment, I did begin to notice that Purdue literally stinks.

One of the other funny traditions I learned about were their tailgating "rituals". They call it the "Breakfast Club", and they dress up in costumes for EVERY GAME. Not just during Halloween. EVERY GAME they dress up in a costume.. not even a specific theme, just whatever. Strange, but hey, to each their own!

Found the stadium!

PurDONT

Panorama!

Kinda cute, Purdue...


Amphitheater where the band plays before games! And yes, I hiked in the snow to take this picture.


Campus!

Brushing up on my Boilermaker history.

Excuse me, are you making boilers?




GORGEOUS and HUGE Kappa House


During my walk to downtown West Lafayette across the SMELLY wabash river

Town Square


Just telling time with the sundial.

Campus again.. the buildings all have to be the same height!
 I also got to meet up with a couple of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity consultants one night. One went to Iowa, and knew Meggie, one of my fellow LC's, so they heard I was in town and we met up. It was fun to get out and talk about our semesters and to hear about life as a fraternity consultant. They drive everywhere, and are only on campuses for 3 days. And i thought I traveled a lot!

FINALLY.. HOME SWEET HOME for a WHOLE MONTH! The longest I had been in one place in the past 4 months! Lets just say I was overwhelmed by my closet and the simple pleasure of being able to choose ANY pair of shoes, ANY t shirt, ANY clothing at all, AND to not have to worry if I would have enough clean clothes. Did i mention how great it was to be home with my family and friends!!!?

Blessed beyond belief!!!!
x's and o's from the final leg of 2011--32 flights, 23 airports, 14 later, 
-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment