Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trinity College.

Trinity College. Hartford, Connecticut. Happens to be THEE most dangerous/ghetto place in Connecticut, so naturally I'm thrown into the middle of it. Who would have thought?

While the house was in a sketchy area, the SMALL and i mean SMALL college campus area was fenced in, swarming with campus security and cameras, so it was safe and only a block away from the house I stayed in with 8 Kappas for the week. Luckily, I arrived AFTER the freak ice/snow storm so it was pretty fall weather, but there were MASSIVE amounts of trees and powerlines down. The house I stayed in had been in the 1% of houses that didn't lose power during the storm, too!

ALSO, I got some great news! One of the Kappas told me her uncle lived in IOWA! I was like, "No way, where?"
Kappa, "Oh, right outside Boise! Isn't that a big town?"
Me- "............Uh........sure..."

Gotta love the classic Idaho/Iowa confusion. Didn't even bother correcting her.

Not much to say about it, except that the highlight of my week was FRIDAY when it was 11/11/11. I went to bed at 6pm 11/10/12 and set my alarm for 11:59 pm to wake up JUST IN TIME for 11/11/11 so I didn't miss ONE second. I spent the wee hours of the morning watching The Office, updating my blog, painting my finger nails, packing, talking to my friends that called/texted me because it was 11/11, and going on a run (don't worry, right around campus, not around the sketch neighborhood). Then it was off to Chicago for the weekend where I got to see Haley, Gracie, and Meggie (3 other LCs). Since I switched from EST to Central Time in Chicago, I got an extra hour of 11/11/11. Couldnt have planned it better!!!! It was DEFINITELY a SUCCESSFUL 11.11.11. 
Main street on the Trinity Campus

Mess of trees down in the backyard!

What is a Bantam?!

More trees down on campus

Chapel on campus, SO pretty!

Made me think of the Fuller family :)

These trees on their central campus area make a cross shape around the statue of the guy in the center. Sadly, some of these key trees fell in the storm

Exhibit A

Front of the chapel

1:11 am on 11/11/11! (and the Office in the background)

House I stayed in for the week. Our neighbors liked to blare John Mayer at all hours of the day/night.

Entrance to the college...aka safe haven.

Anddd... this is about all of campus.

11:11 am 11/11/11!!! On the way to the airport. The girl driving me thought i was crazy.

Gracie and Haley with our giant omelet that we split 3 ways at Eggsperience in Chicago.. or whatever this place was called. Opened 24/7! (Notice Haley sporting the ISU shirt.. I was wearing Gracie's Michigan State t shirt because they were playing Iowa)

4 LCs reunited on 11/11/11.. Close to 11:11 pm :)

11/11/11 love--
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment