Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Villanova

After a little over a month break (which flew by way too quickly!) all 8 of us were back on the road again. Starting off the semester with MidYear meetings at HQ, sadly an LSU loss in the national championship, and lots of fun together, I was off to Villanova in Philadelphia!

This was a recruitment visit, so I really didn't get to do much besides that.

However, I did learn some interesting facts about the school, (in addition to the reality that their basketball team was not as good as in years past, to my disapointment), such as they have the largest or second to largest population of Augustinian Monks in North America living ON their campus, and they have a student who has been there for over 10+ years as an undergrad, and his goal is to take EVERY class offered in their science department. Ambitious, and expensive if you ask me.

Here are the few pictures I took throughout the week:
Lovely Villanova ladies during philanthropy day

Dum Dum Tree for Kappa Kandy theme (Oreo would have loved it.. RIP)

Huge lollipop "trees".. The Kappas handmade all the decorations!


Is this heaven?

Where the monks live! I didn't get to see any, though. Pretty sure only sorority members were back on campus at the time!

More monk-housing..I think being a monk is my backup plan.... is that even allowed?

Panoramic view of their campus

Mendel Hall (the building that the kid taking all the classes doesnt want to leave..) 

Dont worry, I did listen to Eye of the Tiger as a pump up song each morning.. sadly didnt get any training in Rocky-style... Also I know my mom was disapointed i didnt find any National Treasures..

Maybe next time!

With Love from Philly,
x's and o's
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment