Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

11 Things I'm Thankful for on the day I have been waiting my whole life for! (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I still have been planning/getting excited for this day for a LONG time!!)

1. God and my faith that has gotten me through so many trying times
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
-Hebrews 11:1

2. My FAMILY! I honestly am the luckiest to have such great parents (as strange as they are) and the best two baby brothers that make me so proud every single day! I miss you every day, but am thankful that you are always there for me (except for maybe at 4:30am when I'm waking up to be at the airport for my 6am flights.. whats up with that?! ;) )
I think this photo explains itself.

Lovely faja and Cardboard Kyle

The look I get quite often. I know you love me, Kev (or should I call you God'sgift?)

Actually disturbing. Still my favorite panther kit kat kyle!

Oh, mother! :)

3. My FRIENDS!! I would be NOWHERE without my friends I've made each step of my life. It says a lot if you can put up with my crazy life and sometimes strange sense of humor, but I've had SO many great times, I can't even begin to name them all! :)

4. My LC team and all the support from the KKG fam! These 7 ladies (plus the ones before us) are truly the only people who understand exactly what we are going through, and their encouragement and support means the world.
And they all love icecream.. its meant to be! :)


5. Since November 11th is actually Veteran's Day, of course I am thankful to everyone who has and is serving our country!


6. SO thankful for my health during this year of travel. It's been a whole year since my last stress fracture, so I've been able to keep up running, i've lost my tonsils and my wisdom teeth, and so far no falls to rebreak my wrist ;) Hoping the next year will be uneventful!

7. 120 Lynn. Visiting all the Kappa chapters is great, and it really makes me thankful for the time I had at ISU with all my Delta Omicron Kappa sistas ;) Love and miss you all.
120 Lynn
Kappa Kakes Philanthropy Spring 2011

8. My friends in Africa and Mexico. I pray for them everyday and meeting them all changed my life and perspective, and I can't wait to return again soon :)

9. IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY! So grateful to have gotten such a great education, and had an AMAZING time there as well! Go Cyclones for life, even though I'm going to Iowa, I plan on reppin the cardinal and gold amongst the hawkeyes!
This will never get old.

cyclONEnation!

10. I'm thankful for each new day, and though I thought I would never say this: I'm thankful for change. For with change comes a new beginning. For me, it's been a slow learning process to realize that change is good, and every day is a new day!

“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson


11. NUMBER 11! Only fitting that the 11th thing I am thankful is the ability to find joy in the littlest things and to enjoy and live life to the fullest! What a boring world this would be if I couldn't celebrate things like 11-11-11 and the times 11:11am and 11:11pm or 12:34. I might be crazy, but sometimes crazy is good, right?
Lizzie's and my door when we lived in Room 11, one year ago on 11-11-10!



“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
Albert Einstein




Happy 11-11-11!!! Wish on :)
xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment