Monday, August 29, 2011

Callin' Baton Rouge

Oh the memories of Calling Baton Rouge at karaoke on Tuesdays at Mickeys :) I finally got the chance to visit the city! LSU's campus was gorgeous, and staying at the KKG house was so much fun...the house director and all the ladies made me feel right at home.
Sleepy Mike
On my campus tour, I got to meet "Mike the Tiger," their live tiger mascot! I know my cousin Brittany would love this, too bad Cedar Falls High School didn't prioritize and get us a live tiger to keep at the school :)
Mike swimming and pouncing at the windows when this old guy known as the "tiger whisperer" showed up. It was WILD how crazy Mike went when this guy showed up!


Along with taking another girl and me out for some Fro-Yo, the wonderful house director Jo Ellen took me on a driving tour of Baton Rouge, where I got to see downtown and the Capitol. No other building can be taller than the Capitol, and it obviously stood out in the skyline.
Also, New Orleans was only an hour away! I had no idea it was that close, but unfortunately the whole no-car scenario for me this year limited my ability to go for a quick visit!

Sorority Row is all on Lakeshore drive, and literally RIGHT on the lakes of LSU. It was so gorgeous, and I definitely took advantage of the scenic paths around the lakes and walked/ran them everyday...and didn't get lost! Impressive, right?
View walking out the front door!

Front porch looking out to the lake.. I could get used to this!



LSU KKG House.. home for the week!


I technically had the weekend off, but got to stay on campus and just hang out for the weekend, so I spent Saturday taking a self-guided campus tour. I also got to see Sam, a Kappa from ISU who transferred to LSU, it was so great to see a familiar face even just quickly!
Reminded me of Beardshear..only with palm trees surrounding it.


Memorial Tower and the LSU Stadium!

Closer up to the Memorial Tower! (almost at 11:11, I might add)

Off to Auburn now, Tigers to Tigers!

x's and o's from the south. Love ya'll! 
Allison

Oh, and how could I forget to include some of these SKYPE gems :)

Skype in 3D? Nice try.



Insisted on the cat skyping, too......questionable, I know. ;)

Grandma Ruth getting crazy!

The norm.


Missing my baby brother!




1 comment:

  1. Your cousin Brittany does love the live Tiger!! I wish I could have one. Looks like you're having a blast so far. Hopefully your year continues like this. Keep in touch! Miss you! xoxo-Favorita Prima

    ReplyDelete